This blog is dedicated to promoting and

fund driving for Team EFA members'

chosen animal charities.


Etsy for Animals (EFA) aka Artists Helping Animals,

is a team of independent artists, craftspeople,

vintage sellers and craft suppliers on Etsy.com

who are dedicated to providing charitable relief to animals

by donating a portion of the profits from their shops

to an animal charity of their choosing,

and/or to EFA's featured Charity of the Month.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

BarkingDogBlanket Medium HelloKitty BabyDragons Recycled fabrics by Barkingdogblanket's Shop


Hello Kitty flying through the air on her favorite unicorn surrounded by puffy white clouds. This blanket is made with reclaimed fabrics never used but picked up at garage sales. I loved the whimsical nature of both the baby dragon, Hello Kitty and unicorns. About me, member of EFA and AOE and huge supporter of animal rescue groups. I volunteer at our local Hawaiian Humane Society & OahuaSpca - Dog Walker, kennel cleaner and recently fostered a 7 year old Australian Cattle dog 'Mana'. Had lost my sweet Rockie girl (and inspiration for my blankets) in October but not ready to get another pup yet. Got the call for emergency foster homes needed for one week, went to pick up my foster dog and who do I see but Mana - a Cattle Dog like Rockie, a female and 7 years old. Fostering lasted 2 days and we adopted her on the third day. Didn't think I was ready but she is healing my heart with each day.

5 comments:

  1. Love the pink pattern on one side and the blue on the other. I also like how it's edged in the black and white dog bone pattern.
    The Hello Kitty on unicorns and pink dragons are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story... those animals sure do hold our hearts on the edge between happiness & sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story! I think Rockie would be glad! Great work you are doing. Cute blanket too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I am going to tell all my animal friends about thse gorgeous blankets!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a positive comment :)
We shall publish it as soon as it is approved...
THANKS for visiting !