This blog is dedicated to promoting and

fund driving for Team EFA members'

chosen animal charities.


Etsy for Animals (EFA) aka Artists Helping Animals,

is a team of independent artists, craftspeople,

vintage sellers and craft suppliers on Etsy.com

who are dedicated to providing charitable relief to animals

by donating a portion of the profits from their shops

to an animal charity of their choosing,

and/or to EFA's featured Charity of the Month.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Robin's Nest - Fine Art Print - 10x15 by Traceyhooping's Shop


We watched the robins build this nest and then, over the summer, hatch two batches of babies. I waited until autumn to rescue it from the katsura tree right outside my window. It's not as fancy as some of the nests I've seen, but I loved being able to observe the whole process from the upstairs window of my studio!
I support Cornell Lab of Ornithology, and I my home in Seattle is a WA state certified "Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary".

4 comments:

  1. What a fine Challenge entry for this month... I enjoyed looking thru your store as well !

    Wish you lived nearer... would love to have a beekeeper set up some hives on my land !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a peek into your shop, it's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious...it's always a miraculous thing that a little live birdie pops out of those tiny little spaces!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, and lucky that you got to watch the little birdies hatch and grow up! Great that you create a safe and protective environment for wildlife in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a positive comment :)
We shall publish it as soon as it is approved...
THANKS for visiting !